Do you have a diagnostic fee?
- There is a diagnostic fee of $29.99 to assess the problem. Once authorization is provided to continue the repair, the diagnostic fee is waived. If I can’t fix the problem (see guarantees question below), the diagnostic fee is also waived.
Do you offer any guarantees?
- Yes. First and foremost, if I can’t fix the problem, I don’t charge for the service. I also offer specific guarantees for various types of services. These guarantees can be found in the terms and conditions on authorization forms.
If you have to perform multiple repairs, will I be charged for each repair (ie: Malware Removal + Reinstall of Windows)?
- Most charges will not be combined. If a reinstall of Windows is necessary to remove Malware, you will only be charged for one service. However, some services will be added together. For example, Malware Removal during an on-site visit will result in the cost of Malware Removal plus the hourly rate.
Why is it better to bring my computer to you to remove a malware infection, instead of an on-site visit?
- Cleaning Malware from a computer is a time consuming process. Not only do you need to scan and remove the infections, but you also need to scan multiple times until the infections are eliminated. This is a process that typically takes a day and a half to complete.
Will I lose my data?
- Prior to contacting or allowing Your Computer Connection Inc. to perform diagnostic, repair, or other services on your computer, it is your responsibility to back-up the data, software, information or other files stored on your computer disks and/or drives if you so desire. If you do not have a backup of your software and data, we can provide you with our data backup service at an additional cost. However, we cannot guarantee the integrity of the data when backing up. You should follow safe backup practices and have your own backup of your important files (pictures, documents, etc) before any service is performed on your computer by anyone.
Will you let me know the costs before proceeding with the repair?
- Yes. Once I determine the work required to be completed, I will inform you of the cost and get your approval on the appropriate authorization forms before I proceed.
What methods of payment do you accept?
- I will accept:
- Cash (preferably correct change)
- Personal cheques up to a limit of $200
- Email money transfers to email@example.com
- Visa, Mastercard and American Express onsite or online using Square
- Invoicing is available for businesses owing amounts over $500
In case you haven’t found the answer for your question please feel free to contact us.